26 January 2008

I have gotten a man

and I'm feeling pretty darn good about it. Learned a few things along the way: your fourth baby can be your smallest (7 lb 11 oz, and the others were all over 8!), your fourth baby might do something none of your other babies did and make you freak out like a first timer (totally nasty puking? no biggie, say the nurses), and you might spend more time praying about L&D over the course of your pregnancy than you actually spend in L&D (about 70 minutes, formally--!!!). What a day. He's a fine lad and definitely worth the trouble. Thanks to all for your care and prayer.

7 comments:

Elephantschild said...

My "baby" sister got her a baby girl Jan 25th: 7lbs 5oz. @ 11pm

:) Good day for babies.

Oh, and 1+2+5 = 8 (1/25/08) So says my math-freak sister.

I'll be watching that Ablaze counter...

Reb. Mary said...

hooray hooray hooray!!!!!!!!!
And is 70 minutes some kind of L&D world record?? You're amazing!!

mz said...

Congratulations!!!

Rebekah said...

totally forgot the ablaze counter! we had another hospital baptism like we did for #3, so the count is officially at 9. great system i'll tell you all about someday. like when i have 2 hands. congrats on your niece, ec!

Elephantschild said...

Hands are underrated; I'm impressed you got some punctuation in there. :)

Dawn said...

You're great. One awesome baby present coming your way. I've been trying to think of something to get those other babies of yours but find myself asking, "Would I want my kids to have that? No. No I would not." So, just tell them we think they're great, too, would you please?

Dawn said...

Congratulations to EC from this corner, too! Babies are so wonderful.