23 November 2008

I don't know how you do it

How long for this 'do?

All you moms out there with braids to plait, curls to comb, ribbons to secure, shoes to buckle, tights to match, purses to locate, and whatever other wonderful, mysterious things you do to get your girls ready for church…

All I’ve got to do, once the worst of breakfast is cleared from the boys’ faces, is a bunch of buttoning, unbuttoning, and rebuttoning (BoyOne’s newfound button fascination means that each button will be done at least twice). Even so, the pre-church routine can get a bit…hectic…even though we’ve all been up for hours.

Props to those of you who regularly pull off the indubitably more intricate Sunday prep for little ladies! Some day, I may be asking you for your secrets...

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

Yesterday both boys looked like they'd been attacked by every cow on the ranch.

I do spend an awful lot of time braiding and keeping skirts out of toilets.

Reb. Mary said...

Oi! Skirts in toilets! I hadn't even thought of that!

Dawn said...

Tip for Future Reference: Do up the Frenchie braid the night before, after her shower. It looks sufficiently good the next morning, and sometimes even the morning after that.

I have found, however, this only works on GirlOne's head, what with her freakishly long brown locks. GirlTwo is too blonde for anything to stick very long.

MooreMama said...

I made the MooreDaddy learn to French Braid and tie Proper Bows (so that they point east and west, NOT north and south) before I would agree to marry him.

He also learned a Believable Picture Smile.

It's all a matter of Priorities, as some random commenter reminded me recently. ;)

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

I don't know. Little boys and little girls each present their own unique challenges. But it is my dear wife who almost single-handedly gets all of our little people dressed and ready for church on Sundays. I do what I can to get them up and fed, but then I'm usually focused on getting myself out the door.

Untamed Shrew said...

Right now I'm enjoying girl #3. She is totally unpredictable with nursing and napping, but at least I don't have to do her hair!

Dakotapam said...

Or you can all do like my mom did to me...cut the hair shorter than any boy in my class...this is why my hair is always long as an adult, not always pretty( I did not grow up with hair skills), but long it is...I'll be the old lady with creepy witch hair...just you watch!