02 November 2007

Well?

So where's that World Relief and Human Care study on contraception we've all been so eagerly awaiting? Not that I hold out any hope for it, but I'm still curious. Is it really just taking them this long to say the same smarmy thing they always say ("As for catholic precedent: hey, I think I hear your mom calling. Who's the bioethicist here, mortal? Oh, and Christian Freedom!")? RM, weren't you pestering some of these people for a while? I thought it was supposed to be out by now.

3 comments:

Reb. Mary said...

Yes, the great fanfare and drumrolls for the mid-July release seem to have come and gone...

"Pestering" seems to be exactly how the bioethicist in question felt. I got a few condescending pats on the head, then a rather rude brushoff ("I don't have time for this" Um--what--I thought it's what you were being paid for?) followed by deafening silent treatment. Absolutely no direct answers to any questions or issues that I had raised.

We did provide him with a complimentary copy of our little marriage/contraception resource, to be used to who-knows-what nefarious end.

Pr. H. R. said...

I hope it never comes out. If it does, it'll be just another "resource" from Synod that I have to keep from/explain to the people. Like the last Witless, errr, Witness, that advocated the following practice if your church burns down: just have six or seven different communion services at private homes each led by an elder. Brilliant! This is, of course, based on the new Augsburg Confession Optional Edition: pick any four articles you don't like and you don't have to keep them.

+HRC

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha, I'm sure your thoughtful contribution brought a lot of diversity of opinion to his recycling bin . . . .

How nice of my husband to see to it that a copy of the Witness never lands in my house to upset me.