20 October 2011

Open letter

Accomplishing nothing, CSPP style

Dear Everyone Else,

You have your reasons, a million different things ranging from passionate intensity to a lack of all conviction. You look to like, if looking liking move; and when it doesn’t, well then the First Amendment paves your tongue’s way and if you have a right to your mind then surely I have a right to it, too.  

But listen here: There is something wrong with a man who would follow a woman into check-out lane number nine just to tell her—loudly, persistently, and in front of the sentient recipients of his scorn—that children are scum. (I’m looking at you, squashy dude with that archipelago of warts floating on your wind-whipped face. Why? You looked into those aeviternal baby eyes, and failed to see that it is Life who animates them? That sneer was like nothing I’ve ever seen before. If the sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds, then what is to become of you?)

Don’t be that guy, dear Everyone Else. I get that you're you, but don’t be that guy. Wrinkle your brow or curl your lip. Mutter to your companion words like “disgusting” and “irresponsible,” just loudly enough for me to hear. Glower at my back. Be rude, if you like. Charge me more. Whatever. The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and we’re used to it by now.

But try. Affect the likeness of Man. Don’t ever speak your invectives to my children’s faces, ever again.  

All the best.

Me 

12 comments:

Wing It Mom said...

That is truly awful! It takes a deeply hurting person to say something like that to a child. Sometimes adults behave more childishly than any child. I'm sorry your children had to hear that, I hope they realize that he was wrong to say such things. Children are a gift from God and should never be treated in such a way!

greatgaunts said...

This makes me very, very sad. And more than a little angry.

The Mama said...

I would think the person doing this is more then a tad disturbed. I'm sorry your dear ones had to hear this- what sadness.

Untamed Shrew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Untamed Shrew said...

I must admit, I'd pay good money to see you open a can of First Amendment on his left behind.

The Rev. BT Ball said...

The Second is the one that came to my mind Mrs. Shrew, but that is sinful, I confess.

Untamed Shrew said...

Father Ball,

One could argue that Jerk's hate speech was a violation of the 5th commandment, and Gauntlets was simply acting in self-defense on behalf of her five conceptions.

Sounds kosher to me. The check's in the mail.

Melrose said...

Gauntlets, out in these parts we like to take our second amendment rights over to the police training grounds and take out bowling pins for fun. It's quite therapeutic.

Jeni, you are and are going to be one freaking awesome mama.

Melrose said...

By the way, Father Ball, you're a genius, I'm with Shrew.

MooreMama said...

Oh, Gauntlets. Your children are much too beautiful to be scum. That guy's warts must have affected his eyesight.

Please tell me that you said something to the jerk.

Ritzman said...

Oh, that's just awful.
I know I would have been too upset to say anything coherent to the guy.
But I can't imagine who you would have to be to say something like that to children...
I just... UGH!
See? Just thinking about it makes me too upset to type anything coherent. :(

Reb. Mary said...

ACK! ACK! ACK!