21 May 2008

Question of the day

"Does the noise in my head bother you?"

From "The Gods Must Be Crazy," which we watched the other night for the first time in a looong time, and which was just as funny as I remembered. Maybe even funnier. It's definitely "movie, recommended" for parents, maybe for the kiddos too, but I'll let someone else be the judge of that, since the only full-length movie our kids have seen to date is "Milo and Otis." There are some incidental nakey bushman bottoms, but no real "adult material" that I can think of.

Breaking News: The four-year-old just gave the aforementioned question of the day a run for its money by sprinting through here, pausing long enough to gasp out, "When is Jesus coming back? When is Heaven coming? How does Heaven come down from the sky?"

Well. Better go address the noise in the household, which may account for some of the noise in my head.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Isn't the noise enough to make you ABSOLUTELY BESIDE YOURSELF?

When this happens, I invite myself to tea. And we sit down and talk in calm tones about nice, innocuous things like carpet or paper. And when one of us starts to feel a bit frothy at the mouth, that one gets to pack her bag and fly to Bermuda.

Thus far, I am always the one left at home. With the mess. And the n.o.i.s.e.

Rebekah said...

I can handle one baby crying. Two or more and I break out in a cold sweat.

As for the question of the day: Yes. It does.

Reb. Mary said...

I've already had all 3 going here this morning. At least I feel like I'm building up somewhat of a tolerance, enough so that I don't run from the house on a regular basis.

I love the idea of inviting myself to tea. Trouble is, I don't think I have enough teacups. :O