12 May 2008

Story Problem

A mother feeds everyone lunch at 12:30 p.m. At 1 p.m. the four-year-old loses his lunch all over the carpeted dining room. At 1:03 p.m., the six-year-old announces that the toilet is clogged and, "Everything is getting wet!" At 1:04 p.m., the one-year-old's diaper spills.

Question: At what time did Dad leave the scene to, you know, go do something important?

Please show proof of your work.

Extra credit question 1: How many tuna would have died had the one-year-old been sitting in the ocean when her diaper spilled?

Extra credit question 2: What was the family dog doing at 1:05 p.m.? That's right.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Uh oh. I hope for the sake of domestic harmony it was either 12:59 or 1:52.

Pr. H. R. said...

Oo! Oo! Oo! I know these!

Question 1: 12:59 by the Law of Paternal Good Timing. (Alternatively, 1:07 by the Law of Previously Scheduled Nursing Home Service).

EC1: Ha! Trick question! The tuna would have been fine because only dolphins get stuck in the Evil Capitalist Nets. So the tuna just swim away from the poo. All the dolphins, however, would be killed; all of them.

EC2: Hmmm. This is hard. I'm going to guess eating something. . . he wasn't supposed to be and/or puking it back up. I have Scriptural proof for this one: Proverbs 26.11

I hope I win. What's the prize?

+HRC
(PS: Sorry your day was lousy)

Rebekah said...

He was eating something, alright . . . .

Dawn said...

Hey! You all win! Your prize: come to my house and drink margaritas.

Speaking of margaritas, my dearly beloved always builds me one just right and whenever I want. No worries about domestic bliss here. :)

Elephantschild said...

The good news is that at 1:06 pm you didn't have to wipe up any spilled poo, right?

The bad news is the dog is sleeping *outside* tonight. Maybe forever.

Dawn said...

EC: You're funny. And right on. ;)