03 September 2008

Gattesdienst, or How Girls Have It Easy

I have no idea what a dude's brain looks like. I imagine, based on the Concordian Husbands of Perpetual Parturition, that there are lots of antlers mounted in there, a sweet and well-maintained ride out in the cerebellum, and some funktastic rhythms keeping it keen. But I can see how the concept of loving Jesus would not come as easily to men.

I'm unspeakably blessed in having a husband whose representation of our Lord to me is humbling even to the point of humiliation. The best thing about this iconic faithfulness is that it teaches me to love and long for the true Bridegroom. It's a favor I can't return.

3 comments:

Reb. Mary said...

Amen, and three cheers for the CHPPs :)

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

For us German-impaired, is Gattesdienst a play on Gottesdienst?

Rebekah said...

Gatte is German for husband. (I'm impaired too, but I stick useful words in my file for opportune moments.)