02 July 2009

Anger-induced PSA

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is really just a sex movie masquerading as Something Smart. More to the point, it was a whole lot of potential* ruined by yet another R-rated director and his made-to-order pretty boy sporting historically accurate hair.**

Dear Hollywood, movies are neither smart nor interesting only because they feature a smart or interesting character. You could, perhaps, learn a lot from those who still read Shakespeare.

*There ain't nothing like the real thing.

**Watching Fight Club was a mistake I can't take back. And wake up, America: Mr. Pitt looks like a woman.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

I do appreciate your finding things like this out for me.

mz said...

I agree - very girly indeed. Thanks for the link btw. I forgot how much I enjoy Fitzgerald.

Melynda said...

He looks like a woman and his wife is SCARY.

Dawn said...

Rebekah: I take this job of mine pretty seriously.

Kelly: As did I. One good thing came of all this, at the very least.

Me: Remember the whole Billy Bob thing? Why doesn't anyone else? We're just ragingly jealous, I suppose. ;D

Melynda said...

Yeah, that's it...

ha!

The Mama said...

Good to know. I hate attending movies and being unpleasantly surprised at the content.