1. Medical/societal: 6 weeks. Once the doctor signs off on you, people expect business as usual.
2. Emotional: varies. Probably between 3 months and 2 years.
3. Gravitational: as long as weight is going down. Let's call this 9-12 months like the professionals recommend, although public opinion considers 2-3 weeks more than generous.
4. Pileous: as long as hair is falling out. My shower drain indicates this is still going strong at 7 months, and may be related to the gravitational indicator.
5. Somnial: at whatever point the mother begins having enough sleep regularly to feel regular. Varies widely.
6. Somatic: whenever functions approximate normal/painless. I said approximate.
7. Dermal: when stretch marks fade from shades of Lent.
8. Hygienic: when mother resumes bathing at a typical cultural rate.
9. Cinematic: when mother no longer falls asleep while trying to watch a movie with father.
10. Gestational: when mother becomes pregnant again.