14 May 2009

Playground blues and greens

Sometimes I feel a little sad at the park. Like when I see the mom turning pages on the shady bench because her kids are all [both] old enough to play unsupervised, and I feel like my turn with a book will never come.

Often, I’m quite happy at the park. Like when I realize that I’ve got the best job in the world: I get to play outside with my kids on God’s glorious green earth, pretty much whenever we darn well please. And sometimes, I even get a turn on the swings.

O, the Lord is good to me!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I got to go round the tornado slide just the other day . . . wheeeee!

Rebekah said...

I was having some fun with a tornado slide recently, too, until SOMEONE decided to make fun of me about it.

Dawn said...

Party foul! Taunting while she CAN slide. 10 pie penalty.