05 May 2009

Homeschooling 101

1. Obtain child.

2. Force child to spend its first seven years working moderately hard learning to read, figure, write, and think. Obtain more children in the meantime.

3. Sit back and watch as oldest child takes over its own education and that of its siblings.

4. Drink mimosas and blog.*

"You may not have Mother's treat. Now go teach little Billy something."

This is a really sweet gig, ladies. Highly recommended.

*Again, Gauntlets does not really drink that many mimosas. They are too expensive. She drinks cheap wine, instead.

9 comments:

Christopher Gillespie said...

Sounds great. Do you or your children do seminars?

Reb. Mary said...

Gauntlets, you inspire me.

Rebekah said...

I expect that Kid 1 of your to put on some serious peer pressure in a few months, get it?

Melrose said...

so it's not my imagination that kid 2 seems to be learning way more from his big brother than from me...I like cheap wine :D

Dawn said...

Seminars? Sure thing. Day one will be all about screaming your way into your children's hearts. :D

And don't think too highly of us. We define "figuring" and "thinking" pretty loosely in these parts. ;)

L. R. Jensen said...

Why don't I live closer to you cheap wine drinkers? And does sending your children to public school earn such luxuries as well?

Dawn said...

LRJ: You can drink with us anytime. :)

Reb. Mary said...

LRJ: C'mon over. I'll open a bottle. My MiL left some Yellowtail.

And hey, isn't it a bit early to have made your final decision regarding schooling. . . :P

L. R. Jensen said...

I feel so honored by the invitation to drink with the famous CSPPers I'm almost ashamed:)
Would make for some extra-fun playdates.

And bring on the seminars...