09 September 2009

A brief reading for your day

I'm a sucker for anyone who quotes Lewis' trilogy. This brief piece is worth the couple minutes it'll take you to read it. Teaser:

Our work is undergirded by a builder whose plans we don't yet see. Nonetheless, we are called to build carefully and to labor well, not always knowing how God will use the work. It is reminiscent of the line in C.S. Lewis's Perelandra: "One never can see, or not till long afterwards, why any one was selected for any job. And when one does, it is usually some reason that leaves no room for vanity. Certainly, it is never for what the man himself would have regarded as his chief qualifications."(1)

HT: My own mother, who is doubtless still waiting to see how on earth her labors in raising me will turn out :P

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I can't even imagine what my chief qualifications might be for this! :P

lisa said...

My grace is sufficient for you for My power is made perfect in weakness.

Rebekah, the article made me think of your mantra:

THIS is my job. This IS my job. This is MY job. This is my JOB.

Maybe your qualification is that He taught you that mantra :) That and your canning abilities. :)

Dawn said...

Clearly, my only qualification for motherhood is the presence of my children, from whom I regularly try to hide.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.