08 May 2012

PSA

In case you were wondering, the best and safest time to do necessary shopping with a gaggle of kids is Monday mornings. The aisles are empty but for a stray couple here and there, and those couples are nearly universally friendly.* Sure, the bananas aren't as green as they were last Friday, but who cares? When you have to drag your gaggle to the grocery store, green bananas are the least of your worries.

I'll take twelve bunches, please.

*Yesterday morning, one friendly couple went out of its way to tell me how nice it is to see "so many children come from the same mold." I am privileged to hear stuff like this all the time, if the time is Monday morning. 

6 comments:

HappyFox said...

Yup. Monday morning grocery shopping rocks.

Rebekah said...

Especially since that's the worst day for shared laundry in an apartment building.

Reb. Mary said...

True...but I'm just not sure that there is such a thing as a "safest" time to take my gaggle grocery shopping. Or that we would merit such nice comments if I did. :P

christa said...

You are a brave Woman. My hubby goes on his day off to hunt and forage for me and our chitlins. Love it.

Cathy said...

What I like is when you're trying to pretend that you're not the spectacle you really are, and you have the infant in his car seat hooked into the seat of the shopping cart, one toddler standing on the front of the cart, and then a third child decides to hop on the side, tipping the cart over. This is not limited to certain days of the week, although if it takes place on a Monday morning you do have less of an audience.

Jane said...

Just try not to hit the store during the closest school's lunch break.