20 December 2011

Yet another thing I can see no reason not to post


It's been way too long since we've had a Vanity post. Besides all of them, I mean.

Postpartum again! I'm trying not to be so vain this time. Maybe I'm just getting too old to care so much; that would be good. Anyway, in a manic moment I found a great deal of humor in the fact that I'm carrying around on my person a plurality (at least) of the food my baby is going to eat this year. What a goofy system. What do I expect to look like? It's got to go somewhere.

I could tell the moment was manic because I then began imagining what it would look like if I weren't nursing but still had to carry a year's worth of baby food on me. I have no idea how much formula a baby goes through in a week. A can? Three cans? Let's call it  one can. We won't count little Gerber jars, just formula. I am now picturing myself with 52 cans of formula affixed to my body. Sheesh, I'm huge! This formula takes up a ton of space! I'm also really loud with all these cans clanking around me every time I move. I look, like, SO silly. I can't get comfortable enough to sleep, either. I'm exhausted.

I think we've all learned an important lesson here.

15 comments:

Untamed Shrew said...

...and yet another thing I can see no reason not to comment on.

This is AwWwWwWsome. I feel pretty.

Melrose said...

How do you do it?! My facebook post this morning reads, "Tired. really really tired. And frustrated at how slow the pregnancy weight is coming off this time. Usually I never even have to look because it's off by the time I do...6 wks pp and I've got a ways to go :( And I even gained the least amt of weight yet this pregnancy!! sigh."

:) Thanks for helping me see the humor in it. It's hard not to panic when I haven't lost a single pound in 3 weeks whereas usually I lose several lbs a week just nursing until it's all off.

Melrose said...

by the way, now "your so vain" is playing in my head :p hehe

Mrs Gregory said...

You probly think this post is about you...don't you? Don't you?
(I hope someone got that.)

Emily Cook said...

(I got it Mrs Gregory.)

Thanks for this. Squishy food is really much more comfortable, no?

Amie said...

THAT. Was perfect.

etem said...

imagine if all your baby ate was live eels.

Rebekah said...

Girls, we have that post too! :D

http://concordiansisters.blogspot.com/2008/04/im-so-vain.html

Melrose. Oh my goodness. Hasn't Gauntlets prevailed upon you yet to throw away your scale? You must. You must.

etem, you're a sick freak.

Mary P said...

So you're saying I just need to think of myself as a walking baby food dispenser and I'll feel beautiful :-) Well, since my husband and my baby like me how I am I won't worry too much - but I will still try to lose some weight before any more little babies come along!

Elizabeth said...

Hmmm...here I was just feeling fat this morning because not all of my pre-pregnancy jeans fit and I miss them. Thanks! :)

P.S. I confess to being vain about my former waistline....now it's more of a "waste" line...haha...

Melrose said...

I can't imagine not having a scale. I think it would make me actually feel more out of control and obsessive. At least this way I can see the number and know and move on while working towards a goal. Ya know?

Dawn said...

I do know, friend. All the more reason to throw that bleeped thing out. :P

Someone who managed to look as freaking awesome as you did after ... what was it? Like, a week? ... after just giving birth does not need a scale. ;)

Cathy said...

Amen. Throw the scale out. After eleven babies, in whatever state I have found myself, therein have I learned to be content. Muscle weighs more than fat anyway.

Leah said...

Ah, is that what all that extra weight is? That makes me so much more merry...dairy.

Elizabeth - "waste line" indeed! :D

Cathy - boy, have I gained a lot of muscle!

Melrose said...

:) Thanks Gauntlets. And thanks to you too, Rebekah. I found myself reading "weight up" today and you both are so right...this vanity thing is just so wrong and worldly and so not coinciding with the vocation God has given us. Here's to baby food all over me :p sigh.